New Message: Re: Problems with Cohorts

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Oct 26 06:43:26 CDT 2005

By: Will Richardson (wrichard at hcrhs.k12.nj.us)

Thanks, Lawrence.

Student A has a Manila site. He creates a cohort named "peers" that is comprised of Student B and Student C. Both Student B and C are members of Student A's site.

Student A creates a News Item, and in the Access Control section selects "peers" in the "Access permitted to" list. He then posts the item to the home page.

At this point, Students B and C should be able to login and see the post on the home page, right? And it should not be able to be read by anyone else, right? What happens, however, is that after B and C login, they don't see the post. Only another editor (though I'm not sure what level) can see it (though I am sure a managing editor can, obviously.)

Hope that helps.