New Message: postTime macro in templates

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Oct 28 15:35:41 CDT 2005

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

While editing a site's regular (not the home page) template, I noticed this odd text in it:

This page was originally posted: 10/3/05; 12:42:16 PM

That didn't seem right, so I replaced that with a call to the (*postTime*) macro.

When I submitted the template and then viewed it again, the template's text had again had the macro evaulated - it had the post time of the "/admin/sitePrefs/default$advanced_template?template=2" page, not the macro.

If I don't notice this and fix it every time I update the template, then (*postTime*) for every page is replaced with the post time of the template editing page, and that's somewhat inaccurate. I feel this is a bug. :-)