New Message: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] A way to block automated website creation

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Sep 18 14:23:32 CDT 2005

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Hey David,

/
I did some research first and was astonished to find that there are good enough techniques to do that progrmamatically in real time.
/

Do you have any pointers to some good information you found?

/
Defeating the scumbag spammers is a constant arms race, they will exploit any open avenue to promote their rubbish.
/

Agreed.

/
I'm not sure there is a solution to Thomas's dilemma.
/

Anything that can be done within reason to stem the tide is what I'm looking for at this point.

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.