New Message: Re: Arbitrary Member Name

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Sep 30 10:59:56 CDT 2005

By: Sam DeVore (sdevore at cliffhanger.com)

You know I had a client district with the same need, and what we ended up doing was using plus addressing. Their mail service supported email addresses like teacherEmail+studentLogin at school.district.edu (gmail does this as do a lot of mail servers) and then all the email messages went to the teacher. Then the student uses the teacherEmail+studentLogin at school.district.edu to login and the teacher get's all the contact email and prints them out for the students (or forwards to their real email address.

Sam D