New Message: Keep the web server running?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Apr 4 10:50:46 CDT 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

About twice a week, I get to the computer in the morning and discover that Frontier's Web server is not running. I don't know if the computer restarted, or if a Bounce was responsible (I don't see side effects of a bounce), but Frontier is up and running (as is every other program on the server), but the Web Server is not. I have to pick "Web > Web Server > Start" to get Manila sites back.

What can I put in a periodic task table to run every 5-10 minutes to make sure that the Web Server is up and running?