New Message: migration of localized sites to other plattform (was: Rendering Static Pictures)

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Apr 4 13:52:32 CDT 2006

By: Georg Berg (georg.berg at wdr.de)

After some offlist problem checking with David Bayly we came to the conclusion that the reason for my picture troubles has its reason in migrating non-english language sites from PC to Mac.

I started my german site (with umlaut letters) on the PC. After i installed the root on the Mac the german letters ÄÜÖßäüö were scrambled to weird characters.

I did seven find and replace actions on the manilaWebsites root and all pictures in all sites have been made useless.

And even the kind of the images' bits table was changed from binary[JPEG] to binary[TEXT]

Is there any procedure available to migrate the german characters without destroing all the pictures.

My first thought, that manilaFixer could be involved was wrong. I used it to flip the static and dynamic delivery of images.