New Message: Profiles are Wacky??

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Aug 1 19:16:36 CDT 2006

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I have just noticed that a considerable number of the entries made by users in my discussion forum have an email profile that points to one user, in particular, the registration of Lawrence Lee?

Lawrence, you registered on my site a little while back to help out with the crashing issue, but I now notice that when trying to send an email contact to a user that has replied to a topic in the conference, the PROFILE that the link points to is profile$115 which points to your registration?

I notice there are multiple examples of this.

For example, the Lawrence Lee Profile shows as www.xxxxx.xxx/profiles/$115

See below.

A user has just entered a response this morning, for example:

When I click on the hyperlink of "Bruce" it links to the Profile of 'Lawrence" I.e ...profiles/$115 ??

How should I approach this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bill