New Message: Captcha support on sendmail [new feature]

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Aug 2 12:42:25 CDT 2006

By: Josh Allen (web-services at dpsk12.org)

It's come to our attention that a feature that we use all of the time for our school web sites;

http://sitename/profiles/sendMail?usernum=x

Has recently been expoited by spammers. Truly this is awful because this is a great way for parents to contact teachers and doesn't require us to add a custom mailForm suite on our Manila server. My feature request is to implment Captcha support; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha If this was implemented it could be used any posting without the user having to be a member of the site and hopefully do away with the spam.

Thoughts, ideas?
Thanks as always,

-josh