New Message: new members get 550 message

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Aug 18 12:17:57 CDT 2006

By: Dan Mitchell (dan at mitchell.fhda.edu)

I have Frontier set up to use my Webstar Server (on the same box) for outgoing email via the admin settings screen.

When new members join one of the Manila sites, instead of getting a confirmation message they get the following email.

Sorry! There was an error: Can't send mail because of an unexpected server response. I said "RCPT TO: " and the server replied "550 We will not relay".

The error was detected by Frontier 9.1b4 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster: dan at planetmitchell.com. Time: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:51:36 GMT.

I can send email through this webstar server from my email app, but when new members try to sign up for my Manila sites they get this error. (It does appear that they successfully become site members... but of course they don't know this since they only get an error message email response.)

I'm a bit thick about this kind of stuff, but any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan