New Message: 9.5 crashing often

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Aug 18 15:47:29 CDT 2006

By: Jason Everett (jeverett at esu10.org)

I am running
Frontier version: 9.5
Operating System: Mac OS X
OS Version: 10.4.4
Total memory usage: 238.4MB: Resident: 128.6MB

Since about noon today, my server has been crashing about every 3 minutes or so.

Here are a few things I did to try and make it feel better:
Checked drive space
Checked to make sure robots.txt works on all the domains.
Compacted all databases (43 of them) and restarted
Shut off all the "Tools" - Radio, Server Monitor, and TheXmlFiles
Updated Frontier.root, mainResponder.root, manila.root, and prefs.root
Set the date back to 2004 for "user.rootUpdates.servers.?.lastUpdate" on Frontier.root, mainResponder.root, manila.root, and prefs.root - updated each again.
Tried to look at the console log but it didn't mean anything to me??

Nothing else is running on the machine. No recent updates to server or anything like that before it started about about noon. Any suggestions as to what to look for/at next?

Thanks,
Jason