New Message: viewNewsItems does not compile

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Aug 28 09:07:13 CDT 2006

By: T Daly (tdaly at ncss.org)

I use the viewNewsItems macro through out our site, and this has worked well for us for a few years. Suddenly, however, I am getting the "[Macro error: Can’t compile this script because of a syntax error.]" We are running 9.5 with the latest updates. We have not added any plug-ins or made changes prior to the macro going AWOL.

Here's an example of how the macro is used on our pages:

{viewNewsItems (10, "Professional Development")}

The syntax, is correct but Manila/Frontier doesn't like it anymore for some reason.

Any clues where I should look to fix this?