New Message: Any way of moderating either comments to newsItems or discussion messages?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Dec 8 11:28:15 CST 2006

By: pat delaney (delaneyp at sbcglobal.net)

I'm pretty sure this is a no-go, but thought I'd ask in case there's something in our recent upgrade that I'm overlooking.

Is there any way for either comments or discussion responses to go through editorial approval before showing up on a page or news item? This is a feature that teachers have asked for in the past, I know.

Meanwhile, a quick and continuing kudo. The work I've done with Manila in schools since 2000 has been spread through lots of National Writing Project teacher networks. (I do wonder what happened to my original editThisPage site. There was some nostalgia value to it.) At some point, if you all want pointers to exemplary teacher and student work, we'd be happy to provide them. WordPress and Drupal get all this buzz these days, but I am hard pressed to see them doing what I do at domain manager (not server) level with Manila for content management.