New Message: Re: port forwarding

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Dec 17 22:13:07 CST 2006

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hi Lawrence,

I have just tried as suggested and had no luck.

I still get the Port Forward "failed" dialogue Box.

I did exactly as suggested:

Although there was an additional minor step.

I did the following:

Open the Frontier application window.

Choose Main-Jump and enter the following:

user.prefs.portForwardingAdminPassword

Select the portForwardingAdminPassword value and then delete it.

Then choose Table-New Scalar-String.

[NOTE: When I do this I get a dialogue that says Name for New String Cell?] What should I put here? I have left it as newString ??

Then choose Main->Quick Script. Copy and paste the following into the window that opens:

user.prefs.portForwardingAdminPassword = binary ("adminPassword")

Click the Run button.

Then choose File->Save Database and restart Manila to test it.

All the rest worked fine.

PLease advise any suggestions you might have?

Bill