New Message: Re: Serving a single file

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Feb 3 11:05:33 CST 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

It makes sense to me too, David - I just can't figure out how to do it. No matter how I try to use the settings page (http://www.example.com:5336/settings?page=1.4) to add a URL for www.example.com/mySite, I get an error of varying confusion (from "malformed XML" to "someone else is modifying the site tree" when no one is). Nothing happens.

This is part of what begged the question - it should be dead-solid simple to tell Manila, "Hey, I need to serve this file/object at this exact URL," just like you'd put a file in a plain Web server's folder, but I've spent days and days on this and can't make it work. :-(