New Message: Re: HTML 4.01 validation in 9.6

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jan 3 12:08:44 CST 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

/The easiest thing to do here is to have formatNewsItem respect the value of the #autoParagraphs directive. Would that accomplish what you need in the short term?/

I think it probably could, but the comments in the script indicate that Manila has to render news items that way regardless of the #autoParagraphs setting for compatibility, so I don't know what it would do to other sites. That's why I recommended a new preference that would only kick in if present and "false" - everyone else would still get the old behavior.