New Message: Homepage loads very slowly

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jan 24 10:51:30 CST 2006

By: Ryan Hale (ryan.hale at levistable.com)

I have one page (happens to be the homepage for this site) that loads very slowly for some reason. It always has and I haven't been able to figure out any reason why. There is a flash animation on the page, but the slow loading happened even before that animation was included. The interior pages of the site seem to load perfectly fine. I've noticed that if I click a link twice to go to the homepage, it loads immediately, but a single click takes a long time. Does this sound symptomatic to anyone else? The URL is http://www.pneumanaut.com

Thanks!

Ryan