New Message: Re: Story Deletion

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jul 4 17:40:36 CDT 2006

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Thanks Lawrence, but I just want to explicitlky clarify ...

if an editor wants a page GONE, wants no undelete option as the page is never coming back AND they do no want a path sitting there that if visited says "this message has been deleted" then what do they do ?

I am presuming they must go to the site structure box and remove the line of XML or the line in the table for that story ? Just checking as this might be a risky thing for less strong editors to attempt.