New Message: News Items Post to Home Page Causes Crash

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Mar 8 15:42:41 CST 2006

By: Bill (crllen at bigpond.com)

Hello all,

I have mentioned this problem before but have not been able to erradicate it and am looking for any advice you can offer.

I am running 9.5 on X-Server 10.2.8 and have had this for the past 2 years. Nothing else runs on the x-serve. It is dedicated to Frontier.

*EVERY* time I add a news article and post it to the HOME PAGE, frontier crashes. I can post stories, work in admin, add and delete discussion groups and it is as solid as a rock.

I can add a news items and if it remains in "pending", frontier stays up. Pretty much as soon as I post it to the home page, frontier falls over.

I am now in the habit of backing up frontier AFTER I add a news item but BEFORE I post to the home page, that way when FRONTIER crashes, it is still in the pending items lists.

When I REPOST this pending ITEM, all is well and the news items and frontier are happy?

Q1. Does anyone else experience anything like this?

Q2. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Ps..I am in the process of planning a migration to 10.4.X but am going to await 9.6

Cheers

Bill