New Message: Generating site index of news items by department

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun May 7 17:28:12 CDT 2006

By: Steven Chan (steven.chan at oracle.com)

My blog is taking off and the amount of content is starting to look a bit intimidating to first-time readers. Even worse, some of it's scrolling off my Previous Posts sidebar, so it's getting lost in the Archives.

Is there a way of generating a site index of all of my News Items Titles by Department on a single page? It'd be ideal if it could look like this, with the news Items in ascending chronological order:

Department 1:

 * First News Item
 * Second News Item

Department 2: