New Message: Statsic rendering

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed May 10 09:19:16 CDT 2006

By: allan kelly (allan.kelly at actix.com)

Hi,
I'd like to render my site to a webserver.

(Actually I'm getting confused by the 3 different ways to administer Frontier.

Should I be using the Frontier App? - it seems really complicated and apart from using it to start the server doesn't seem to do much.)

In the webased admin I've been to Settings->Static files and put in the details of the drive I want to store the files. But this doesn't seem to make any difference.

In the main site, logged in as an editor I've been to the Preferences->Rendering and set

- Do you want static rendering enabled? Yes
- Do you want a Render this Page button? Yes
- Do you want new and changed pages rendered automatically? Yes

Then I've changed the main page but it isn't rendered to my server.
I press the 'Render the Page' button but I get the error
"
Sorry! There was an error: Couldn't create the folder "\", because "Access to "\" was denied."
"

I don't know which directory it can't write to. I've set it (in the admin) to write to a directory on my C: drive so it should have permissions.

The manual says:
"To do so, go to the Admin page. The top item in the page is labelled Static Rendering: click the Render this Site button."

No such button exists (on any of the 3 admin interfaces.)

Where can I find this button?
And how can I fix my access problem?

thanks

allan