New Message: error msg rendering from template in user.html.templates

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon May 15 10:57:35 CDT 2006

By: Julian Wegkamp (frontier at hsleiden.nl)

Hi,
For most of the sites in our manila system we use one single template that is stored in user.html.templates (info: http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$1163). This works quite well except when manila want's to render a 404 Not Found page. The http headers are correct (404 Not Found) but a user friendly "Sorry, we cannot find..." page is not rendered. Instead Manila outputs the following error message:
Sorry! There was an error: There is no template named "
{title}

{bodytext}

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I am using v9.0 (but an upgrade is planned) and I definitely want to use a central template for muliple manila sites.

Thanks,

Julian