New Message: Re: Cannot Post Changes with WYSIWYG editor

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 9 08:50:34 CST 2006

By: Patrick Schwisow (pschwisow at waukeganschools.org)

Lawrence,

I have not checked every site, but none of the other sites I have checked have exhibited this issue. I believe it is an issue with this site only. I already fixed another issue with this and several other older sites: some of the discussion group preferences were missing from the database because they were added in an update to Manila. My current theory is that one or more items are missing from the database record for this site, but I do not know the structure well enough to know what items those might be.

 * The issue was initially reported to me by the site owner who was editing the site with Mozilla or Firefox (I'm not certain which) on Mac OS X.
 * I consistently see the same issue with Firefox on Windows.
 * I do not see the issue with IE on Windows
 * Safari on Mac OS X does not display a WYSIWYG editor (with any sites), but I do not have any trouble posting.

Patrick