New Message: Aggregator Problem

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Nov 10 12:36:19 CST 2006

By: Grant Dunham (gdunham at yukoncollege.yk.ca)

I'm having a problem with the Subscription feature. It used to work. I turned it off for managing editors (and the subscribe to all sites on this server) in an attempt to trouble shoot another issue. (That's been solved.) But now that I've turned it back on, I get the following error message when I try to use it:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name "1268" hasn't been defined.

The error was detected by Frontier 9.5 in mainResponder.respond.

The number 1268 changes every time. I'm still able to subscribe to sites from the admin settings pages. But I want give managing editors that job now.

I've turned the settings on an off a couple of times - but still no luck. I looked in the aggregatordata.root -> Prefs -> enabled = true.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm considering trying an older version of aggregatordata.root . But want to make sure that aggregator settings somewhere else won't be in conflict.

Thanks
Grant