New Message: Re: Optimizing blog master article index via cache or other means

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Nov 29 16:25:08 CST 2006

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

A simplified version of the viewNewsItem macro designed for this kind of archive index would probably speed up the rendering time. I'll do some testing here to see if there would be much improvement.

But some kind of caching would probably help lower the page loading time as well. I'll check into that as well.

Andrew, are you using the viewNewsItem macro in a similar fashion as Steven?

Lawrence