New Message: New User "Receive Bulletins" not working?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Oct 4 19:05:11 CDT 2006

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

I have noticed recently [in fact, today] while speaking on the phone with a user who was joing my site for the first time, that during the registration process, some of the variables they selected in their profile [specifically "receive bulletins] did not 'register' after they had successfully logged in.

By this I mean that when I went to the ADMIN area of the site and viewed their member details, the "EMAIL BULLETINS" entry was showing NONE, even though I know they selected receive HTML.?

I was able to manually change this in admin, but I don't want to have to do that for every new member?

Can anyone suggest what might cause this and how I can go about correcting it?

Thanks.

Bill