New Message: Problems With Aggregator Subscriptions

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Oct 6 15:08:29 CDT 2006

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

This is the first time this term that I have needed to add some student sites to my Subscription list and I'm getting a strange error. I want to add about 30 student sites so I can aggregate changes to their news items.

When I go to the Subscription page on my class site and enter the URL of the student site, I get this error:
-----
Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name "1284" hasn't been defined.

The error was detected by Frontier 9.5 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster: ken at loki.stockton.edu. Time: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:07:56 GMT.
-----
That alone is a problem; I get a similar error on four different student sites so it doesn't have anything to do with the particular student site I've entered. It is returning the error on all of them.

Another strange thing is that the number in the error ("1284" in example above) changes each time I try to add the site EVEN THOUGH THE URL STAYS THE SAME.

Solutions?

I need to give grades to these student sites but I have 35 of them so the aggregator is essential.

ken tompkins