New Message: Server Admin : 5336 has just fallen over?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Oct 12 05:23:23 CDT 2006

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello,

At 8:13pm Australian Eastern Standard Time [UTC +10] it appears some update ran on my server that has broken the Admin Services/site? I think???

When I try to login to my main website to read a discussion forum, I get this error:

Sorry! There was an error: Can’t call the script “browser” because it doesn’t define a parameter named “usernameFieldTitle”

When I try to view my site... xxx.xx.xx.xx:5336

The orange admin page appears showing the sites on my server BUT:

Across the top of the page it shows the following where the menu was just 5 miutes earlier?

[Macro error: Can’t call the script because the name “version” hasn’t been defined.]

In the top right hand corner I see:

Server Status
IP Address 0.0.0.0
Host Name 0.0.0.0
Up for 39 hours; 6,335 total hits; 16 max connections.

If I cllick on the link to my main site at

http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:5336/?site=home

I get this error:

Sorry! There was an error: Can’t evaluate the expression because the name “flUsernameMustBeEmail” hasn’t been defined.

Time: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:14:21 GMT.

The recent roots upate page is showing updated from November 2005?? Why would this be?? See below??

The root updates log displays root updates downloaded today, along with associated change notes if available.

manilaData.localization.languages.english.strings.common.member

11/11/2005; 4:41:42 AM (#4068):
Localized 'member'.

manilaData.localization.languages.english.strings.common.username

11/11/2005; 4:41:24 AM (#4067):
Localized 'username'.

manilaData.localization.languages.english.strings.members.usernamePrompt

11/11/2005; 4:41:07 AM (#4066):
Localized prompt for username.

PLease help, this appears to be a major meltdown? Could it have anthing to do with possible updates realeased?

I was not making *ANY* changes on the site?

Bill