New Message: Re: New problems with static rendering

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Oct 20 00:50:05 CDT 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

 Can you jump to manilaSuite.xml.getRssXml and let me know what the most recent change note is?

It is:

9/22/06; 6:32:31 PM by LL {
 Commented out call to channel-level category element for rssChanges.}

 You should remove the department link macro and render the site in the meantime since there is no static rendering/department support currently. The department links backs to the dynamic Manila site on the homepage of your site.

..isn't this the kind of thing I should expect the departmentLink macro to do for me? That is, "if I'm statically rendering, add nothing to the HTML?"

 re: the Editors Only site, can you double check which preferences are enabled/disabled on the Editorial preferences page for site access.

Both "Do you want access to your site to be restricted to editors only?" and "Do youw ant access to your site to be restricted to members only?" are set to "Yes," and those preferences appear to stick. Are these stored separately for static rendering and live sites? I remember back in July when we set this up that we couldn't get it to render at all until we copied some table (#newsSite? something like that) from the site table into the static rendering table...