New Message: Re: Weird Bahavior...

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Oct 23 03:05:09 CDT 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

I am now also having problem #1. For the past several years, from time to time, I'd try to log out of a site but the "Editors" menu would still appear until I cleared the browser's cache. But tonight, when trying this for the first time since Manila 9.6, I find that I can log *out* but I can't log back *in*.

All the sites on the server correctly take usernames and passwords, but they then immediately send me back to that site's home page where the membership box still says "Join Now : Login". Emptying the browser cache doesn't fix it; getting rid of Manila's cookies doesn't fix it, using a different browser that's never been to those sites on this machine doesn't fix it.

If I've *tried* to log in to a site and failed, nothing I can do can make it work. If I have no cache and no cookie, I can sometimes click on the name of the managing editor in the Server admin page (the control panel) and get logged in, though I don't know how. Right now, I'm logged in to about half my Manila sites and locked out of the other half.

--Matt