New Message: Re: Weird Bahavior...

Hugh Nicoll hnicoll at miyazaki-mu.ac.jp
Tue Oct 31 02:43:06 CST 2006

Hi Matt, all

Hugh Nicoll from Miyazaki, Japan

I've been trying to figure out the "inability to log out" problem ever
since upgrading to 9.6, and Lawrence's suggestion seems to work for me.

On 10/31/06, webmaster at userland.com, webmaster at userland.com, wrote:

>A new message was posted:
>
>Address: http://manila.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$2043
>
>By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)
>
>Yes, but I want to make sure I get this right, so:
>
>1) Where is this "Allow server administrators to access any site on the
>server with Managing Editor privileges" setting found? (I'm having a
>harder and harder time over the years finding things in Manila's
>multiple preference pages.)

In your admin control panel ( http://nantoka.yoursite.com:5336/), go to
Settings => Manila => Preferences

The Administrator Access check box is at the top of the list.

>2) Which cookies am I supposed to clear - for a site in question or for
>all sites or what?

Having unchecked the box and pushed the submit button, I tried one site
and cleared that site's cookie from Firefox's preferences. Voila -- I
can now log out. I also tried another site, ignored the cookies in
Firefox's preferences, and Voila, again, I logged out of the second site
with no trouble whatsoever.

Running Mac OS 10.4.8, Firefox 2.0 as my preferred browser -- My
Frontier server is running OS 10.3.9 on an old 533 Mhz G4 (9.6) & after
the upgrade to 9.6 AND the install of a clean copy of the application
file, my server seems very fast, and responsive. The "inability to log
out" mystery my last bug-a-boo, now sorted.

Thanks Lawrence, and hope this helps others with minor admin issues.

Hugh Nicoll
Miyazaki Municipal University
<hnicoll at gmail.com>