New Message: Re: Weird Bahavior...

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Oct 31 11:30:49 CST 2006

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

OK. On http://myfrontierserver.example.com:5336/settings?page=2.1 I cleared the "Allow server administrators to access any site on the server with Managing Editor privileges" checkbox and saved it. On a different computer, with no cookies from that server that I can find, I cleared the browser cache, quit the browser, relaunched it, and went to one of the Manila sites on that server. I clicked "login" and entered my Managing Editor username and password.

I was returned to the home page with the Membership Box still saying "Membership: Join Now: Login" just as it had before. The browser was set to accept all cookies, but there is no cookie from the Manila site (or even from the server) after the login attempt. It can't log me into the site at all. This is basically unchanged from my report a few days ago.