New Message: Best WYSIWYG Browser Option for Modern Macs?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 30 20:37:18 CDT 2006

By: Timothy Wilken (timothy.wilken at gmail.com)

I am a long time Manila user (client side). I run the the SynEARTH Network. www.synearth.net (three manila sites) hosted by Weblogger.com.

I am running OS X Tiger on multiple modern G4 Macs. I need WYSIWYG access to the Manila Edit News page. The only browser that seems to be working is Netscape 7.2. Netscape is OK, but 7.2 is getting long in the tooth and has problems drawing the windows. Leaves the bottom border of the page off like Safari, but also shows only one scroll button.

I have tried the newest version of Foxfire as well as every other flavor of Mozilla. They all have a different problem: Foxfire will give me the WYSISYG options in the Edit News Item page, your can enter text in the description window and format it to your heart's content, but then when you try to post it to the server by clicking the Create a News Item or Post Changes, you get nothing but the title and url.

I have tried the newest version of Foxfire, and the many different flavors of mozilla, all with the same problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Timothy Wilken