New Message: Re: Anyone running Manila on OS X/intel?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Apr 3 02:23:36 CDT 2007

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello Marlin,

I transferred [moved] my three year old installation on an X-Serve [PowerPC] running X-Serve 10.2.8 to an Intel Mac Mini running standard OSX 10.4.8 and now 10.4.9 in February of this year and have been *very* happy with it.

I still experience the odd server crash when posting a new news item, this occured in both the Power PC and Intel configurations so I am not sure what this hiccup is, but I am consistently getting longer uninterrupted runs on the intel mac-mini than I was on the X-serve.

I have Keepfrontierrunning script installed and I note a re-start occurs about every 40-50 hours. This is substantially better than my previous installation which saw a re-start every 12-24 hours. I have not got to the bottom of that but am happy.

Performance is good, stability is better than before [at least in my case].

Bill