New Message: Index root slowdowns

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Dec 4 18:18:17 CST 2007

By: Andrew Foote (footeag at wellsfargo.com)

My Manila server slows down considerably when de-indexing messages from the search index. When a page or post is deleted, Frontier will show the message "De indexing ..." etc., but it takes almost 1-2 minutes for de-indexing just one message. Often, after the de-indexing completes, frontier will then save and re-open index.root, which takes another couple minutes.

My index.root is about 600MB, after being saved and reopened. Is this just too large for Frontier?