New Message: Re: Leopard, is it safe?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Dec 10 15:30:03 CST 2007

By: David Gewirtz (david at zatz.com)

Well, it certainly has. The guys moved it to Intel, I added MySQL and SQLite verbs, others added math verbs, and so on.

We don't have a huge team on it, and we're all to busy to put lots of time into it, but we've evolved Frontier more in the last year or so than it had been in quite a few years before that.

But without interaction from UserLand, that evolved codebase isn't directly accessible to Manila users, in the sense that Manila doesn't work out of the box in the new Frontier versions (I tested it).

Personally, I'm running Manila and Frontier 9-something on one box, running my Manila sites and running the Open Source Frontier on my other production servers. The Open Source version seems much more solid, and certainly is taking a load from our Web site visitors.

-- David