New Message: Upgraded IE and Manila

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Feb 3 14:59:04 CST 2007

By: Kevin (dogtrax at crocker.com)

Hello
I am Kevin from Western Massachusetts and part of the National Writing Project. I ran into a problem this week that I thought I should alert yo u to:

I am using Windows XP Home.
I mostly use Firefox for our Manila sites and that works fine.
But I sometimes use Internet Explorer, and it used to work fine.
Then I did the latest IE upgrade earlier this week and now, when I try to use any of our Manila blogs, there is no WYSISYG option for me. It only shows a text box, a title for the post and that is it. No tool bar. No option below the text box for HTML or CSS. Nothing. The blogs' editorial settings are all set up for WYSIWYG (in the preferences command structure) and it works fine with Firefox, but not the upgraded IE.
I tried my IE at school, which has not been upgraded, and it worked fine there, too.
So I am assuming it has to do with the IE upgrade and Manila somehow, but I could be wrong. Maybe it is some setting within my IE browser?
Here is just one of our sites: http://blogs.writingproject.org/blogWrite334/
But we use a bunch of Manila sites for various projects.

Thanks
Kevin