New Message: Macros - not rendering - what & where to check

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Feb 27 18:25:17 CST 2007

By: Melissa Green (greenmj at scc.losrios.edu)

every so often the macros I'm using in a story are not rendering. Instead the ascii code is substituted. I've looked in the site's Prefs > Advanced >Legal Tags but do not see an unchecked item that jumps out at me.

Any clues to help me make macros work?

Do some macros only work in templates and not in stories or news or discussions?

Long ago I had hoped to get the random image feature to work. But the macro is stubborn.
{return("\""+"Flower"+(random(1,3))+""")}