New Message: Re: Problems With Link colors

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Jan 31 13:52:38 CST 2007

By: Patrick Schwisow (pschwisow at waukeganschools.org)

(Responding to off-list e-mail)

[mediumvioletred] Works on admin boxes, member boxes and the like, just not the background or text

http://weblogs.userland.com/manilaNewbies/colors

Interesting... I wonder where this list came from. From the page:

When editing colors you can type names of colors.

Below is a table showing what color names web browsers understand.

Could anyone (Lawrence?) shed so light on which web browsers "understand" these colors. They don't seem to be part of the HTML or CSS standards. I would be concerned that they might not be supported in all (past, present, future) browsers.

To answer the question of why they only work in admin boxes, etc... All of your other colors (background, text, etc.) are set by CSS. Filing in the boxes on Prefs/Appearance will not have any effect on them

Patrick