New Message: SSHFS (MacFUSE) and Static Images

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jul 10 22:28:57 CDT 2007

By: Scott Girard (sgirard at bigsea.com)

Has anyone been able to get Frontier/Manila to write static images to a sshfs mounted volume in OS X?

Using MacFUSE, I can mount a remote volume on the Mac desktop, but Frontier won't save to the mounted volume. Instead, it saves the images to the ManilaWebsites.root database.

I've checked and double-checked my "Folder for Static Picture"s and "URL for Static Pictures" in the Frontier Admin Control Panel, but I can't get it to work. In the past I have used an SMB mounted volume for static pictures and that worked fine. I've also saved static images to a .Mac mounted WebDAV volume. Currently I am writing static pictures to the local file system and that works fine. But I would rather write the images to a remote server with better connectivity.

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get static pictures to work with a sshfs mounted volume.

You can learn more about sshfs and MacFUSE here:
http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/