New Message: Reverse proxy for manila

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Jul 27 09:09:19 CDT 2007

By: David Crabb (decrabb at spasd.k12.wi.us)

I am attempting to set up a reverse proxy for our manila server using Apache + mod_proxy + mod_rewrite and have encountered a couple of issues that I can't seem to resolve. The biggest issue occurs when I try to post changes to a story. After clicking on the post changes button I get the message:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't post to this page because the "referer" did not match the expected "referer"

By this I assume Manila is checking the referer header and expecting to see it's own host name. When it doesn't it throws the error message. Is there any way around this?