New Message: member/changepassword bug

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jun 5 10:57:18 CDT 2007

By: Manila Newbie (ManilaNewbie at hotmail.co.uk)

On one of my sites set as members only, someone discovered my password so I changed it. Or at least I thought I did.

When checking things out at work, I discovered that the original password now directed to the Administrators Only: level and the changed password (for the same E-Mail address) went to the Editors Only: Level.

Can this be looked in to? I have now changed my original password to a third one via the Administrators Only: level, so this person cannot access my site any more as the original 'hacked' one is redundant.

I wondered how they knew what was on the site!