New Message: Re: Moving GEMS/Files to different server, what happens to links?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Mar 20 08:37:10 CDT 2007

By: Patrick Schwisow (pschwisow at waukeganschools.org)

Lawrence,

I sent this message by e-mail and have not heard a response, so I posting here...

----

I was looking at the following discussion group thread: Moving GEMS/Files to different server, what happens to links? [1]

I am currently serving static pictures and files with Manila, but I am
planning to move them to an Apache server. You stated in that thread
that you have scripts to correct paths/URLs. My planned setup should
send the user a redirect for any old URLs, but I'd like to cut minimize the number of redirects. My primary goal is to fix the URLs for shortcuts (and the Pictures and Gems/Files lists), but if you have any scripts that might help with URLs hardcoded into pages, that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Patrick

[1] http://manila.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$2416?mode=topic&y=2007&m=3&d=5