New Message: Discussion Comment Spam gone wild?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu May 24 21:00:48 CDT 2007

By: Jack Foster Mancilla (ijak at mac.com)

Hello.

I have an important, important to me, comment site, that I had forgotten about because it was working fine. ... I was trying to save a copy of my ManilaWebsites.root and got stuck, then I started looking the hangup and found my old site with twenty-seven thousand members, and thirty-five thousand comments. ... Holy crap!

So I have gotten rid of all the members, except for two good members. That was boring, and tool a while doing it one hundred at a time from the admin page.

Now.

How the heck do I get rid of the twenty-seven thousand comments? I have found nothing that answers that question after searching the discussion groups.

Not only do I seem to have to do them all, one at a time, I have to use four web pages for each deletion. ... That may take me longer than I have to live. ... Is there a better solution than going on a calorie restricted diet, hoping to live long enough to fix the problem?

Jack