New Message: Re: Sharing the membership group

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 15 18:23:44 CST 2007

By: Andrew Foote (footeag at wellsfargo.com)

I answered my own question on editorial changes – looks like the site owner will need to add new editors in Prefs>Editorial instead of Admin. Still have a couple questions:

To avoid having a future membership table meltdowns you mentioned that I should “move the membership table from the site table to the members.root file.” Do I copy the site's membershipGroup, paste it in the members.root then rename the pasted table with the "siteMember" nomenclature?

I have one particular site with a large membership that I’d like to “transfer” to the shared membership before I change it to the shared membership group. What’s the best way to do this? Copy the individual member tables in the Users table, paste them in the shared users table, then rebuild the Users map?

Thanks!