New Message: Deleting pictures from server

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Oct 5 15:54:04 CDT 2007

By: Chris Rowan (chrisrowan at ukgateway.net)

Having deleted a picture from the pictures list (not just removed) and also removed the shortcut on the shortcut page, I note that the picture still exists on the userland server - I can still find it by putting its name in speech marks in a story, and the url which the shortcut pointed to, when pasted into a browser, still brings up the picture.

How do I get rid of the picture from the server? I am concerned that my server space will eventually fill up, and I wont be able to clear redundant items.

Cheers for any advice

Chris