New Message: Manila Server problem (please help)

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Oct 14 11:12:27 CDT 2007

By: Manila Newbie (ManilaNewbie at hotmail.co.uk)

I recently had a problem with my router (an 'Orange' Livebox) and had no internet access at all (meaning all my sites were down).

This thread:

http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4891&PN=1

suggested a solution which worked. I disconnected the Livebox, reconnected the Speedtouch modem, my internet connection returned and all my sites were back up and running. The next day I disconnected the Speedtouch modem and reconnected the Livebox. My internet access was still there and it looked like it had worked perfectly APART FROM THE FOLLOWING:

I have Frontier running.
I can access the Control Panel.
DynDNS is working fine.
Webserver is enabled.
Everything is as it should be.

BUT I cannot access any of my sites (via www.sitename.com) unless I use http://xxx.xxx.x.xx/manilawebsitename, where the x's are the IP address of my server.

All was fine until I unplugged my Speedtouch modem and reconnected the Livebox. Reconnecting the Speedtouch modem has no effect.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm literally tearing my hair out in frustration.