New Message: Re: Missing template images

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Oct 29 15:28:57 CDT 2007

By: Erin Clerico (erin at weblogger.com)

Those images used to be available from the Weblogger static server farm - but due to excessive bandwidth use recently I have been forced to limit image serving to only domains on the Weblogger network.

I did this as an experiment a couple of days ago to see the effect on our bandwidth usage, and it has turned out to be dramatic (about a 30% reduction).

Sorry guys, some of these images I have been hosting for free go back 7 years, I can no longer afford to provide this service.

If you will post here an example of a broken theme image (one will do, I just need the theme directory name) that you need - I will tar up the image directory for that theme and post a link to it here so you can go in and repair your themes by moving the images to your own static servers, and doing a search and replace on your templates.

-Erin
http://erin.clerico.com