New Message: OT: Domain names with Manila.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 22 01:48:23 CDT 2007

By: Marlin Schaefer (a_reelbigfish at hotmail.com)

Sorry this is slightly off topic. I'm attempting to point my domain name(s) to my manila server in order to use Manila's virtual domains feature. I'm not very knowledgeable about DNS so I'm looking to see if anyone here can give me a link to step by step directions for setting it up. I've read about secondary DNS and setting up zone files but everything relates to Apache and i'm not sure how all that works when it comes to using Frontier.

I gather its not as simple as creating A records pointing to the IP of my Manila server and letting the virtual domains feature take care it from there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Marlin