DOS attack

Kelly Thomas kthomas at siu.edu
Wed Aug 20 15:01:45 CDT 2008

A site on my server seems to be experiencing a denial of service
attack or some wacked out robot. It has "requested" more than 64,000
times yesterday from two ip addresses. It's kind of slowing down
other sites. I already have IP blocker "storms.org" installed but it
seems to not be working. Also, the attack seems to change IP address
every day, yet it's confined to networks owned by Sprint. I do not
have access to my "cable modem router settings" and in the sharing
pane of OSX System Prefs, the firewall says that there is another
firewall running and I should disable that one to use the apple FW.
I'm not aware of such additional firewall software unless it's a part
of frontier or IP blocker. I'm not an expert but I'm not seeing any
unusual processes running either. When i quit all applications, I
still get the FireWall message.

Any Thoughts on how I can battle this?
Thanks!
/kelly