News Items and comments

Bob Raiselis bob.raiselis at valley.net
Wed Dec 10 10:07:14 CST 2008

I've had a request to run a blog on one of our Manila sites, so I'm
just getting started with this.

There seems to be a lot of potential for confusion regarding the
Discuss link that you see on the item's main listing. If I open the
homepage I see individual items each with their own discuss link. If I
click on the topic name I go to the whole list of that day's items
(which doesn't look much different from where I just was).

  If I click the discuss link I see a way to add a comment but it
doesn't show the existing comments. If I then (in that window) click
on the topic title it takes me to the table-layout discussion page
with all of the comments shown and inviting me to add my own.

 From the homepage I want visitors to click on a Discuss link that
goes directly to that topic view showing all the comments so far and
offering me the option to add my own.

Failing that is there a different comment configuration that will work
right from the homepage?

And, what would make me very happy is the option to put the whole News
items shebang on a page other than the homepage. Possible?

thanks.

Bob